Skin tags also called acrochordons are non-effective mass which leads to some kind of unwanted developments on skins. It can be removed provided the right technique is used. Skin tag is rarely diagnosed as malignant tumor. Changing colour of skin tags and its rapid growth may need you to consult a dermatologist. Freezing or cauterizing is easier methods to remove skin tags but it is costly. However there is various safe skin tag removal at home remedies. Skin tags can also be hereditary; in that case it should be dealt with carefully.
Will removing a skin tag cause more to grow?
There is no hard and fast rule that skin tag removal at home will cause more tags to grow. However, some people have the tendency to develop skin tags and may have new growths periodically after removal. Removal of skin tags may lead to more skin tags, this fear should not allow one to stop skin tag removal at home processes.
Is skin tag a tumor?
No, skin tags are not generally tumor. Tags usually do not lead to cancer (malignant). However, in some cases, a skin tag may become precancerous or cancerous unfortunately. Skin tag-like bumps that bleed, grow, or change colors should be sent for biopsy. If skin tag is left untreated for longer period of time, it may lead to some serious consequences. In such cases it is better not to apply skin tag removal at home therapies. One should always consult a doctor if there is any kind of doubt in mind.
Are skin tags contagious?
No relevant substance has been found as of now which proves that skin tags are contangious. Skin tag cannot be transmitted from one person to another. A virus, named human papillomavirus (HPV) are known to be contagious which leads to growth of warts. HPV leads to development of warts through out the body, including the anal and genital areas. Since one is not sure of the fact that skin tags are contagious, one should be smart and careful enough to handle the situation. Therefore before one applies the skin tag removal at home procedures it is better to consult a dermatologist.
6 remedies for skin tag removal at home
- You can cover skin tags with fingernail polish thrice a day till it falls off. A quickest skin tag removal at home ways this however is a painful process and one may use it at their own risk. One should first try out with other remedies and then try the above one out.
- A string can be used to remove a skin tag by tying it at its base till the time it falls off. A fishing line or a dental floss can also be used. One needs to be careful while using the quality of string. One that is using a string should take care that tying does not lead to any cut or eruptions.
- Another skin tag removal policy is to use duct tape. The duct tape needs to be taped carefully covering the skin tag area. It should be taped till the time it loosens up. One can repeat the process till the skin tag falls off.
- Vitamin E can be used for removing skin tags. Vitamin E should be taken on a band-aid and taped on the skin tag. It may take a couple of days for the skin tag to fall off. Vitamin E is the safest skin tag removal methods.
- Compound freeze is another technique to remove skin tags. The method followed while using Compound freeze is similar to using Duct tape.
- Cutting skin tags off using scissors or nail clippers is a faster process but the instrument should be sterilized and disinfected. One should use a good amount of alcohol to avoid infection.
Since, this is a vital issue, proper research work is essential before dealing with skin tag problems. If some one is keen to know more on the subject, he or she may read informative articles published by the website – moleswartsremoval.com. One is likely to find easier and faster remedies for removal of skin tags in the above mentioned website.